My services provide leaders, organization and individuals with "vision and knowledge" for creating an integrated successful career and life balance. Personalized coaching supports clients as they navigate personal and professional change. Through professional assessments and individualized strategies, coaches empower business executives and leadership potentials to improve their leadership abilities, make positive impact, and take their careers to the next level!
As a leadership coach I am able to assist executives, organizational leaders, and professionals with leadership potential to:
- Discover, align, and ACHIEVE personal and/or organizational GOALS
- Expand upon and encourage SELF-DISCOVERY
- Link personal and/or organizational self-discovery with SHARED VISION
- Spark client-generated SOLUTIONS and STRATEGIES
- Partner to create POSITIVE and SUCCESSFUL IMPACT
- INSPIRE and EMPOWER clients through developmental resources
- Be RESPONSIBLE and ACCOUNTABLE leaders
- Reinforce the value of SHARED responsibility and accountability for GROWTH and DEVELOPMENT
HOW I WORK
The leadership development strategy I use in partnering with clients consists of FOUR powerful elements: 1) Focus (core understanding of Leadership Skills and Coaching and Developing Effective leaders ), 2) Approach (strategy for addressing key development areas , 3) Action (steps to achieve desirable results), and 4) Solutions (results based on goals). Click on the four tabs below.
1. FOCUS2. APPROACH3. ACTION4. SOLUTIONS
Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tzu
UNDERSTANDING LEADERSHIP COACHING & DEVELOPMENT
Leadership as a strength begins with the individual, accordingly “self-leadership” is the first step or focus in leadership development. It all starts and ends with you! Without leading yourself first you cannot lead others towards success. As a positive outcome, great leadership is developed, respected, and powerful.
Effective leaders today are knowledgeable and experienced, while at the same time are flexible, engaged, open to change and inspire others to be truly effective. Recognizing that leadership style and drive comes from previous learning and past experiences, all effective coaching begins with the understanding of where you are before you can grow personally or professionally. The main goal of developing “effective leaders” is that by leading energetically and authentically, a transformation can take place where there is positive impact on one’s own life, which filters onto their teams, the company’s bottom-line, and the overall general success and effectiveness of an organization.
Coaching is a developmental process of supporting individuals in making conscious decisions about their professional, personal and business/organizational lives.
- “Leadership” coaching identifies and builds upon “strengths” and allows individuals to use those strengths to act upon personal and organizational values.
- The ultimate goal of Leadership Coaching is to help an individual or a team – move to a new action or behavior while learning, growing and developing.
DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE LEADERS
The “FOCUS” therefore is on individuals with essential leadership skills, or those who want to develop those skills to be effective leaders professionally or in their personal lives, by cultivating accountability, enthusiasm, commitment, relatability, and respect of others. It is about getting leaders empowered so they can empower others. If you don’t think of yourself as a leader, then you are limited in your thinking. “Leading” is the way we help move people, including ourselves into action and towards implementing change.
BENEFITS OF LEADERSHIP COACHING
Focus on KEY FACTORS and INSIGHTS for SUCCESS.
Discover CAUSES of STRESS and REDUCE the IMPACT.
Leverage RESULTS by INSPIRATION and DRIVE.
Shift from “fighting fires” to CREATING SOLUTIONS.
Position yourself as a LEADER personally/professionally.
ENVISION and TRANSITION your role/business, reemerging with MEANINGFUL PURPOSE and POSITIVE OUTCOME.
WHAT THE LEADERSHIP COACH DOES
- Guiding clients to understand their styles in learning, interacting, leading, making decisions, managing people and conflict.
- Partners to identify goals, vision, barriers, and strategies for success.
- Supports priorities and reinforcement of new insights and practices.
- Brings an experienced and strategic perspective of business and human management elements to a company or leader.
- Assess and apply organizational culture and expectations to create a more productive environment.
- Enhancing an individual’s performance to increase their effectiveness and productivity.
- Discovers opportunities for effective communication.
- Builds upon client’s personal strengths and values.
- Fosters an action plan for the leader’s accountability and success.
APPROACH - Introduction to Leadership Model
The 6 Stages of Implementing Change for Leadership Success
Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality. - Warren Bennis
Introduction to Leadership Model:
This model is aimed at developing the skills and strengths of an executive, manager, business owner, or a person with leadership potential. It presents a collaborative approach for client and coach to create sustained change in quality of work and life. The client brings the content and the coach provides the process. The customized model delivers services through one-on-one and group coaching, assessments, research, written reports, team building, and specific training and development approaches. Leadership Coaching is therefore a partnership with individuals or teams in executive or management positions, or those with leadership potential seeking to advance.
STAGE 1: The Coaching Framework and Agreement
Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans. - Peter Drucker
STAGE 2: Establishing The Groundwork for Change
The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new. - Socrates
STAGE 3: Discovery/ Needs Assessment
Things do not change; we change. - Henry David Thoreau
STAGE 4: Development Plan
Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy
STAGE 5: Implementation
There is always a step small enough from where we are to get us to where we want to be. If we take that small step, there’s always another we can take, and eventually a goal thought to be too far to reach becomes achievable. - Ellen Langer
STAGE 6: Evaluation and Sustainability
For changes to be of any true value, they've got to be lasting and consistent. - Tony Robbins
If you don’t know where you are headed, you’ll probably end up someplace else. - Douglas J. Eder, Ph.D
Using a variety of resources/ tools or inventory instruments to assist individuals and businesses identify their strengths and abilities are often implemented in the coaching and development process. Assessments are used to gather information about an individual's values, behaviors, competencies, goals, interests, and potential opportunities for development. On an organizational level, assessments are conducted systematically by assessing the internal structures and systems of the organization. They provide information for decision makers to determine what is going well and what needs to be strengthened or fundamentally changed, in order for the organization to better achieve its mission.
Sometimes the change effort requires a formal assessment of specific issues and expectations, the organization’s culture, and of the client’s strengths and barriers to develop a plan and strategies to reach the stated goals. In this case:
- Competencies are identified and defined.
- Assessment strategy is defined.
- Assessment tools are identified and/or developed for individual self-discovery, focused coaching, and for a framework for quantifying qualitative information.
- Data is collected and analyzed.
Assessments range from:
- Abilities/Skills: These assessments focus on providing feedback on critical skill, competencies and abilities (e.g., cognitive abilities).
- Personality/Style: These “ Style” based tools are often used to assess specific coaching areas including decision making, learning, leadership, conflict, and communication style.
- Interests/Values: Although not intuitive, these factors are strongly correlated with job satisfaction, engagement and retention, and are important to measure in coaching engagements. Making sure that the client’s values are aligned with those of the organization is critical to ensure the client remains challenged and excited to stay with the organization.
- Health/Well-Being: The use of assessments measuring resilience, work/life balance, health risk and job burnout
Dr. Arianne Weiner has been trained in Myers-Briggs®, Clifton StrengthFinders®, FIRO-B®, TKI®, 360° Feedback®, certified in DISC® and uses a variety of other current industry practice developmental tools.
Action is not limited to the use and interpretation of personality and skill-based assessments, instruction, role modeling, and action learning assignments. Together we work to create systems and approaches that align training and development programs with business (e.g., driving revenue or repeat satisfied customers) and/or individual goals. We assess the effectiveness of learning and development programs and track individual learners’achievements. Having meaningful training builds engagement, supports leadership development, and helps you plan for the success of the company and your employees. While it’s tempting to let go of development plans, most organizations know that learning and development are key to employee retention and organizational longevity. This results in retaining high-performance employees while improving productivity — a win-win for both budgets and sustainability.
Customized Business Solutions for Creating Lasting Impact!
Dr. Weiner is dedicated to coaching and developing her clients to be successful individuals, valued team members, and to function effectively as organizations. Leadership coaching is a collaborative process which supports leaders with a customized plan for implementing change to achieve successful results. Each plan involves a broad and integrated effort focusing on the organization’s internal structure to align people and systems, and to enhance individual development and organizational performance.
With a background in Industrial Organizational Psychology and Organizational Development, Dr. Weiner offers a variety of creative solutions, including holistic alternatives, to facilitate organizational leadership initiatives that are strategic and sustainable, and that address broad organizational issues to include: 1) STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT; 2) ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND STRUCTURE, ALIGNMENT, AND EFFECTIVENESS; 3) COMMUNICATION AND GROUP INTERACTION; and 4) CHANGE INITIATIVES TO ENHANCE WORK LIFE QUALITY. By applying sound organizational, coaching, and leadership principles, her clients are able to generate effective solutions and create meaningful change.
In addition to core Leadership Coaching and Development Services, Dr. Weiner offers customized facilitation, process consultation, and business training solutions to align individuals with organizational needs in the following areas:
- Change Management (changing roles and responsibilities)
- Strategic Visioning and Planning (Mission, Vision, Values, & Norms)
- Strength Leadership
- Team Leadership Coaching/ Facilitation
- Conflict Resolution
- Succession Planning & Development
- Employee Engagement & Group Coaching
- Company performance/ performance management
- High-level SMART goals
- Key priorities, processes, and operating rhythms
GROUP INTERACTIVE SOLUTIONS
(Team Building/Team Leadership Coaching/Facilitation)
Creative and adaptive SOLUTIONS for working with teams.
These solutions are based on a solid understanding of group dynamics (effective interactions in/outside the organization; and facilitation of business and community expectations and challenges).
Team Building and Leadership Coaching targets TEAM DYNAMICS (problem-solving, decision-making, communication solutions) which drives business results, adding ORGANIZATIONAL VALUE:
- Supports team development, shared learning, cohesion for business development.
- Combines focused, individual coaching to optimize effectiveness/re-energize team.
- Focuses on organization/team purpose, promoting active communication.
- Drives organizational alignment maximizing team strengths.
- Addresses cost/impact of not implementing needed change.
LEARNING & TRAINING SOLUTIONS
(Innovative Approaches to Learning)
CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION offerings to address “real-life” work situations within your organization or business. Instruction methods include: interactive discussions, self-assessments, mini-case situations, webinars and related resource tools.
Examples of training programs:
- Technical & Soft Skills Courses for Leadership
- Management & Supervisory Development
- Board Development
- Strengths Assessments, Management, Leadership
- Managing Expectations and Performance
- Team Building
- Customer Service
- Process Improvement
- Interpersonal Skills
- Coaching for Managers
- Managing Conflict
- Stress & Time Management
WORKSHOP PRESENTATIONS & RETREATS
Dr. Weiner offers customized presentations and workshop retreats to respond to specific needs and expectations of the individual, team or organization. The benefit to individuals and businesses is IMPROVED SYNERGY and PRODUCTIVITY through recognition of self, leadership and management strengths, and implementation of effective change initiatives.